Zinedine Zidane refuses to confirm whether Toni Kroos or Gareth Bale will stay at Real Madrid this summer but he acknowledges: ‘There will be changes’
- Recent reports in Spain claimed that Toni Kroos was keen to leave Real Madrid
- Kroos hit back at the story, claiming it was made of ‘absolutely false information’
- But Kroos and Bale are both realistic candidates to be sold by Real this summer
- Real manager Zinedine Zidane refused to be drawn on summer plans though
- Zidane said: ‘There will be changes but not right now, at the end of the season’
German midfielder Toni Kroos recently hit back at a report which claimed that he was keen to move on, branding it ‘absolutely false information’.
Recent reports in Spain claimed that midfielder Toni Kroos, 29, is keen to leave Real Madrid
But Kroos, pictured shaking hands with Gareth Bale (left), said reports were ‘absolutely false’
Zidane said: ‘Toni is a key player. He’s been at Madrid five years and has done great things.
‘He’s a great player that brings calm. I’ve always liked him. Everyone speaks about Toni, and other players, in terms of whether I want them or not.
‘Every player is good and important. There will be changes but not right now, at the end of the season.’
Gareth Bale has also been linked with a summer departure from Madrid.
Bale has been jeered by Real fans during many matches this season and the Welshman’s days at the Bernabeu appear to be numbered.
Zidane said of Bale: ‘There are seven games left. Let’s see how we play. There will be changes but Gareth is part of the team.’
Zinedine Zidane is set for a busy summer in the transfer market at the Bernabeu Stadium
Real manager Zidane said: ‘There will be changes but not right now, at the end of the season’