Each home game we’ll evaluate Bryce Harper’s look, actions and overall milieu to determine how well he achieved the goal of being as Philly as possible. Today’s entry:
Bryce scored 85/100 today, good for a solid “B” rating on opening day for …
Flyers reference + Gritty reference + Blue collar tendencies (carrying shoes by hand, not bag).
How I reached this verdict:
Bryce will be judged on a 100 point scale based on numerous criteria and cross-checked with the SB Nation.com staff for accuracy and verity. Science requires peer review, and this is no different.
- Repping a cross-sport Philly team: 30 pts.
- Wearing something referencing Philadelphia (not sports): 20 pts.
- Displaying blue collar tendencies: 25 pts.
- Carrying a Philly Cheesesteak: 50 pts.
- Any Rocky reference: 50 pts.
- Uses the word ‘jawn’ in a pre-game quote: 40 pts
- Allen Iverson jersey: 35 pts.
- Gritty reference: 30 pts.
- Enjoying any item from Wawa: 25 pts.
- Wearing something with the “LOVE” statue on it: -40 pts. for being a poser.
- Eating a Wooder Ice: 60 pts.
- He arrived to the ballpark after going downashore: 30 pts.
- Turns up wearing sweatpants and Timbs: 25 pts.
- His confirmed pre-game playlist is Hall and Oates, The Roots, and Kurt Vile: 20 pts.
- An Always Sunny reference: 10 pts.
This is only a starting scale. Should Bryce do something eminently Philly not covered by these criteria we will add it to the scale and assign a required points value.