Real Madrid ‘will not listen to any offers’ for Raphael Varane but will allow him to leave if a club ‘agrees to pay £430MILLION release clause’ amid Manchester United interest
- Real Madrid will turn down any offer for their French defender Raphael Varane
- The club will only allow him to leave the club if his £430m release clause is met
- The 25-year-old reportedly considered a move away from Real in recent weeks
- Manchester United are one of the clubs said to be interested in the Frenchman
Real Madrid will not entertain any offers for Raphael Varane this summer unless his staggering £430million release clause is met.
The World Cup-winning defender has been linked with a move away from the club after reports suggested that he was considering a new challenge after eight years at the Bernabeu.
Manchester United are one of the clubs said to be interested in signing the defender but Real will flat out refused any approach unless a club agrees to pay his astronomical release clause, according to Spanish news outlet AS.
Real Madrid will turn down any offer for their French defender Raphael Varane
Reports in Spain suggested that Varane felt undervalued by Real, especially after returning to the club in the summer following his success with France in Russia.
Varane signed an improved deal in 2017 with Real which takes him through until 2022 but the Frenchman believes his stock has risen since then.
With Real looking to keep hold of their top assets following Zinedine Zidane’s reappointment as manager, Varane will likely be offered another new and improved deal to keep him at the club.
The 25-year-old believe his stock at the club has risen since helping France win the World Cup
Real believe it will be extremely difficult to replace Varane considering there is no one with the same level of experience given his age.
While Varane looks to have a future at the Bernabeu, the same can’t be said for Gareth Bale.
The Welshman has been told to pick his club for next season after learning he is not in Zidane‘s plans.
The club’s sporting director Jose Angel Sanchez reportedly met with Bale’s agents, Jonathan Barnett and Luis Alonso, on Monday to discuss the winger’s future.
Gareth Bale will become part of a mass summer overhaul at Real Madrid this summer
During that meeting, both Barnett and Alonso were told of Real’s plans to sell Bale, 29, but Sanchez thanked them for remaining committed to the cause despite recent boos and jeers aimed at the player from the Bernabeu faithful.
It is understood, however, that one stumbling block with regards to Bale’s exit is his salary expectations – pricing many clubs out of the equation.
Bayern Munich are set for their own summer revolution in a bid to bolster their squad to what it once was, while Manchester United are also believed to be interested in Bale’s services.