The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has called on Nigerians especially software developers to apply for opportunities to participate in the “Nigeria Covid-19 Innovative Challenge.”
Nigeria Covid-19 Innovation Challenge is an online innovative challenge set up to meet the challenges mankind is facing as a result of the Coronavirus.
Given the current circumstances being experienced in Nigeria and the world at large, this call is on developers, entrepreneurs and other creative minds to explore, experiment and build software solutions to help address this crisis ravaging the economy.
The challenge, organized through NITDA Office for ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIIE) as part of strategic initiatives aimed at identifying and showcasing innovative technology that will help in containing the pandemic, cushion its effects, create awareness on measures to prevent the spread and engage stakeholders in discussion.
The challenge is open to Nigerians – both at home and in the diaspora.
The Innovative Challenge according to NITDA NITD of corporate affairs and external relations Mrs Hadiza Umar, will focus on the following:
• Mitigate the health and social impacts of Covid-19 in Nigeria using innovative technologies;
• Showcase relevant innovative technologies developed by Nigerians towards Covid-19 and similar future pandemics;
• Facilitate and enhance processes along the prevention-detection-treatment value chain of Covid-19; and
• Cushion the financial and social impact of Covid-19 during and after the pandemic in Nigeria and possibly beyond.
Registration for the programme commenced on Friday 24th April, 2020 and is expected to close on Friday 1st May, 2020. Further information can be found on the event website: https://nigeriacovid19.futurehack.ng
Most trending stories
- The biography of Chief Philip Udala chairman Udala FC
- Atiku empowerment 2021: Former Vice President disowns online portal promoting empowerment scheme, says it’s ‘a scam’
- Full history of cultism in Nigeria
- Brief history of cultism in Nigeria schools by Babatunde Dare [Social media]
- Cultism and violent behaviours in tertiary institutions in Nigeria