Nantes Take Claim To FIFA Over Sala Transfer





Nantes have made a claim to FIFA against Cardiff City, in relation to the transfer of Emiliano Sala.

The Argentine forward became Cardiff’s record signing on January 19 but he died when the private plane carrying him to Cardiff crashed into the English Channel two days later.

Related: Nantes Demand Sala Fee

Nantes wrote to Cardiff earlier this month asking that the first of three instalments be paid but the Premier League club said they wanted to wait until the investigation of the crash was complete – although they have stated they will be ‘honourable’ over the fee if they are contractually obliged to pay.

Last week Cardiff and Nantes agreed to extend the deadline on the first instalment of the fee.

A FIFA spokesperson told Sky Sports News on Wednesday: “We can confirm that we have received yesterday evening a claim from FC Nantes against Cardiff City in connection with the transfer of Emiliano Sala.

“We are looking into the matter and consequently we have no further comments at this stage.”

Cardiff have told Sky Sports News that they “remain committed to ensuring fairness and accountability with respect to the agreement between Cardiff City and FC Nantes, but first and foremost the relevant authorities must be allowed to determine the facts surrounding this tragedy. It is inappropriate to comment further at this stage.”

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock has backed FIFA’s handling of the sensitive issue.

He said last week: “I have known (chairman) Mehmet Dalman since I have been here – and I am quite sure the club will deal with it in the right way.

“They have asked for an extension and I think Nantes have agreed to that. Certain things were done, probably in reflection that shouldn’t have been done, that stirred everybody up.

“I have got every confidence in Mehmet, that it will come to a conclusion in the near future.”



Source link

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply