Liverpool are understood to have taken the lead in the big chase for Victor Osimhen as the Premier League club have opened talks with his agent.
Le Sport 10 has now reported that Liverpool, who are just two wins away from a 19th Premier League conquest, have swung into action to sign the 21-year-old Lille striker by discussing a transfer this year.
Osimhen has netted 18 goals in 38 matches for Lille in Ligue 1 this season.
He has attracted interests from several Premier League clubs including Chelsea, Manchester United and most recently Leicester City.
Speculations on the future of the Nigeria star hit the roof last week when the Lille president announced he has received two firm bids from the Premier League.
However, he did not mention the target of these offers.
Serie A clubs Juventus and Inter Milan are also believed to be interested in the all-action striker.
Most trending stories
- The biography of Chief Philip Udala chairman Udala FC
- Atiku empowerment 2021: Former Vice President disowns online portal promoting empowerment scheme, says it’s ‘a scam’
- Full history of cultism in Nigeria
- Brief history of cultism in Nigeria schools by Babatunde Dare [Social media]
- Cultism and violent behaviours in tertiary institutions in Nigeria