Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp contacted Kylian Mbappe’s dad to discuss a potential transfer for the Paris Saint-Germain star.
Klopp is a huge admirer of Mbappe and is now hoping to beat Real Madrid to his signature.
According to Le10 Sport in France, Klopp called Mbappe’s dad, Wilfried, to gauge whether his World Cup-winning son would be interested in a move to Anfield.
Reports have linked both Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane with moves away from Liverpool but signing Mbappe would ensure a more-than-adequate replacement comes in.
Liverpool are not thought to have made an official bid to PSG but Klopp wanted to know Mbappe’s plans as he weighs up a potential offer.
Mbappe Jr, 21, is regarded as the world’s most-valuable player due to his ability and age so it is likely to take a record-transfer fee to convince PSG to sell.
Most trending stories
- The biography of Chief Philip Udala chairman Udala FC
- Atiku empowerment 2021: Former Vice President disowns online portal promoting empowerment scheme, says it’s ‘a scam’
- Full history of cultism in Nigeria
- Brief history of cultism in Nigeria schools by Babatunde Dare [Social media]
- Cultism and violent behaviours in tertiary institutions in Nigeria