Key Boko Haram Commanders, Others Surrender

Some  influential Boko Commanders have surrendered  to Nigerian troops, Army Headquarters  said Monday.

A statement  by Army Spokesman,Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman said, “due to sustained series  of bombardment on suspected location of Boko Haram terrorists, by troops of 26 Task Force Brigade, Nigerian Army, Operation  LAFIYA DOLE,  today, Monday 3rd July 2017, over 700 members of Boko Haram terrorists are to surrender to our troops.

He also disposes that  “out of the 700, 70 have come out of hiding and are being profiled.  The rest are expected to come out from hiding the coming days.

“Preliminary investigation has shown that among them were key commanders and influential members of the terrorists group, one of whom matches suspect number 225 on Boko Haram terrorists most wanted list released by the Nigerian Army.

“So far, the surrendered terrorists have been making useful statements and it is expected that many more of them  will surrender,” the statement  said.

Leave a Reply