If you are consistently struggling to drive traffic to your website, then this article will help you solve this problem in five steps. This article will show you how easy it is to tap into social media and social bookmarking. It will also look at the benefits of creating content and offline promotion. Lastly we will look at how you can outsource jobs that are guaranteed to drive traffic. Once you have read this article you will not have to deal with your traffic worries anymore.
1. Twitter/Facebook: These two social sites can drive traffic to your website. You simply have to engage people. In Twitter you can tweet all of your latest content. You can also engage people who are talking about your niche. You can build an entire list of people interested in what your website offers. When you tweet about your website, a certain percentage is sure to visit. Facebook is similar; you can network with people and then promote your site using status updates and even fan pages. Social media is only going to get more popular in the near future, so make sure you are tapping into it for web traffic.
2. Social Bookmarking: There are a number of sites out there that allow you to add your content and websites as bookmarks. A few of the more popular are Digg, Delicious and StumbleUpon. When you add your site to these it is exposed to these site’s entire user base. There is a serious viral opportunity here due to that. If your website, article etc gets very popular on one of these platforms, you could see a skyrocket in your traffic. Make sure you submit all new content to sites like these to make sure you have a chance of your content going viral.
3. Creating Content: Content is king. If you are consistently creating content for your website then you are going to get traffic. Content is key because that is what people will talk about. If you have a new piece of content that people love (or hate even) it will get passed around through email, social media and blogs. Who doesn’t love word of mouth advertising? New content also makes your site more likely to rank in Google for specific search terms. The more content you have, means the more pages Google has indexed. Google looks at your site more favorably, and every page indexed can show up in search results which will drive traffic.
4. Offline Promotion: If you have an offline business you need to put your website on everything. All ads, flyers, pens, business cards, email signatures etc… You never know who will see these items, many of these items get passed around often so make sure your website is visible.
5. Hire SEO Firm: The best way to get traffic is to rank high for great keywords in Google. Getting to that top spot in Google is a grind though. It isn’t worth your time to build backlinks for hours a day. Luckily, you can find quality companies that will handle your SEO. I strongly suggest you look into this. I also encourage people to find a local company if possible, even if they cost more than their overseas counterpart they will have better support and quality control. Put your SEO needs into a quality companies hands and you will have more traffic than you know what to do with!
These five steps are a proven system that will ensure your traffic problems of the past are just a bad memory. You have learned how to tap into social media and social bookmarking. You also know you have to create content, promote it offline and hire an SEO company. Now you will have all the traffic your website needs.