Kogi state government has ordered investigation into an alleged assault leveled against the Commissioner for water resources, Abdulmumin Danga.
The Commissioner for information, Kingsley Fanwo, who disclosed in a statement,Thursday said, “Government has been drawn to the allegations of assault, battery and other serious crimes leveled against the Commissioner for water resources, Abdulmumin Danga. It is alleged that he is involved in the alleged abduction and assault of a woman which allegedly occurred in Lokoja recently.
“His Excellency, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state, who is an avowed advocate of the fundamental rights of Nigerian citizens, and especially within the boundaries of our dear state is shocked by these accusations.
“Accordingly, the governor has ordered accelerated investigation into the matter and hereby assures both accuser and accused, as well as the general public, that the whole truth will be uncovered and justice served as appropriate.
“The Kogi state government reaffirms its unalloyed commitment to the protection of everyone from all forms of oppression, and will not tolerate violence against women or children under any form or guise.
“We give our word that if these allegations are proven, everyone found culpable will be brought to justice.”
Most trending stories
- The biography of Chief Philip Udala chairman Udala FC
- Atiku empowerment 2021: Former Vice President disowns online portal promoting empowerment scheme, says it’s ‘a scam’
- Full history of cultism in Nigeria
- Brief history of cultism in Nigeria schools by Babatunde Dare [Social media]
- Cultism and violent behaviours in tertiary institutions in Nigeria